Greetings from NYC and Oregon,
Raph is in his happy place, enjoying the culinary opportunities New York has to offer, and Jenner is tired and in the snow, also a happy place. But it's been a month since we toured up down and around California and Oregon in our trademark sprinting, forgot-to-look-at-maps fashion, a month since recording our debut EP with Blue Coast Records. We're getting restless with all this time not spent in cars, in sleeping bags, and in tune. We miss each other, y'all!
Luckily, winter is coming (already here) and with it some EXCITING NEWS:
#1: On Monday we sent off 6 brand new, mixed and mastered songs to be made into 1,000 copies of our debut CD. It shall be called the Moon Shiner EP, an homage to our not-so-distant past. 1,000 shrink wrapped little squares with our pictures on them, act quickly and you can have 100 copies all for yourself. We're feeling proud and mighty excited to share the music with you all!
#2: This month we're going on a short East Coast Tour!
Here's where we'll be:
- December 11 - Rockwood Music Hall, New York City, NY, 11:30pm (info)
- December 13 - House Concert, Washington DC, 7pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- December 15 - House Concert, Charlottesville, VA, 7pm, email email@example.com for details
- December 17 - Driftaway Cafe, Savannah, GA, 6-8pm (info)
- December 19th - House Concert, 227 Hector Ave, Metairie, New Orleans, LA, 7pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
#3: Our team has a manager! The lumbering tricycle that was Moon Shiner has evolved into a nimble full suspension machine now called Odell Fox. Our newly nimble nature is largely due to the addition of Lauren Tronick, our wonderful, can do, business minded, email proficient, fiddle playing, smokey singing, good-at-spelling, manager. She's keeping both ducks in a row. We even have a bank account.
In case you missed our last (very important) email, here it is:
Moon Shiner is now...ODELL FOX
We're sure that after weeks, or possibly months of being our fans, you've come to love the name "Moon Shiner," and we're sorry to see it go too. We love the song, we love the moon, we're easily distracted by shiny objects. But this baby band is growing up, and as with any coming-of-age, there are going to be some changes. After much discussion and debate, and after strongly considering many wonderful suggestions from friends, parents, and friends' parents, we've landed on ODELL FOX. We hope you'll help us make the transition into these new and uncharted nominal waters as smooth as possible, and continue to listen and support us in all the amazing ways you already have.
Odell Fox Recommends:
- Spikeball: The next great American Sport. It's like beach volleyball, but way better, super portable, and doesn't hurt your wrists. It's the glue that keeps Odell Fox together. The perfect fierce competitive alternative to singing perdy emotional things all the time.
- Megan Keely's Deciduous. Megan performed with us at a Bay Area show a few weeks back and knocked off our socks. Since then we can't seem to stop listening to her penultimate album. You won't regret it.
- Homemade Almond Butter. It's easy - buy raw almonds, roast them in an oven on 350 for 13 minutes, put them in a food processor, add a bit of salt (if you're into that), turn the food processor on, wait, and have faith. Odell Fox recommends eating it on apples, while listening to Megan Keely.
As ever, please check out our new/same website, www.odellfoxmusic.com, for updates on our forthcoming EP and the December tour, and our impending move to Austin, TX!!
Raph n Jenner